Tuesday, October 21, 2008

preparing album work

I'm slowly coming around to developing a bit of a safety net. Looking at tackling things week by week. I still have lot's to write (been slacking actually), but having just fooled around I'm finding some kind of muse there. I'll probably be investing in some outboard gear to see if I can get a great heavy guitar tone -- that's really the make or break on what direction the album is going to go. I'm not averse to doing something more synth based, but there's just some real heavy shit I wanna pound out of the guitar.

I'll also upload weekly videos of what's going on pretty soon (Youtube, Myspace, Blip.TV).

I'm pretty sure I'm done writing lyrically, nothing else has come to mind and I haven't felt compelled enough to write anything new. It's all there, ready.

Quote

"When you stop putting yourself on the line, and you don't touch your own heart, how do you expect to touch other people?"
Tori Amos

No comments: